Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Movie Night.


The quest for a family film last night was completed when we finally settled on Almost Famous.

There were quite a few (now) big name stars and a few guys you might recognize from The Office, Modern Family or My Name is Earl.


So there you have it - the main cast all lined up. :)

Basically - let me see if I can synopsis-ise this movie well enough - a high-school boy is given the chance to write a story for Rolling Stone Magazine about an up-and-coming rock band as he accompanies them on their concert tour. 

But - it's more than that. 
I'd rather not spoil the movie for you if you haven't seen it - because you really, really should. Despite the movie's R rating, the movie is rather PG-13, save for the use of the f- word. If you can handle that, you can handle this movie and love it.

Most importantly - the entire reason this movie deserves a blog post - is the character Penny Lane. Played by the gorgeous Kate Hudson. Yeah. :)



Now - this is a fashion blog at it's heart, so I will now proceed to ramble about the fashion here.

Penny Lane - I love thee. 

Now - don't take that as my advice and consent to round up all your crop tops, skirts and fringe coats to put on again. No. Not what I mean.

The beauty of all of Kate Hudson's costumes in this movie are that they never strike you as costumes. Her outfits - no matter how simple or how era specific - always have the sense of being complete and put together. She has a certain "style" that is her own, that one can associate with her.

Once again, that's not to say that all the outfits we own need to match and follow a certain set of rules - how boring would that be? But, there's something to be said for having a distinct vision and a distinct look that people can associate with you, and that's what I hope this blog is helping or will help me accomplish.

Now - allow me to shower you with quotes that I loved from this movie too, and then I'll let you go:

Penny Lane: You're too sweet for rock and roll.
William Miller: Sweet? Where do you get off? Where do you get sweet? I am dark and mysterious, and *pissed off*! And I could be very dangerous to all of you! You should know that about me... I am *the enemy*!


Anita Miller: FECK YOU!
Elaine Miller: HEY!
Anita Miller: This is a house of lies!
Elaine Miller: Well there it is, your sister used the "F" word.
Young William: I think she said "feck."
Elaine Miller: What's the difference?
Young William: The letter "u." 


Anita Miller: All the kids make fun of him. They call him the Narc behind his back.
Elaine Miller: What's a narc?
Anita Miller: It's a narcotics officer.
Elaine Miller: Well, what's wrong with THAT?  


Hopefully you'll run to the nearest movie place and rent this now,

Anywho-
Bye!~
Jenna B.

No comments:

Post a Comment