Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hello Friday - Goodbye Thursday.

And posted on a Saturday. Go figure. 


On:
"Hello" Hello Kitty Tee - Hot Topic
Black Skinnies - Target
Skelanimals Skimmer's - Hot Topic
Chococat Watch - McDonald's

You're never too old for Happy Meal toys! If you get nothing else from McDonald's - just get the toys.

...---...---...

I love Friday's.

The other days of the workweek, from Monday to Thursday, are alright - I've never really suffered from the anxiety or trouble getting through the week that some people do, and now that I've said that I might've jinxed myself but, alas, alack and oh well. The week drags on, but it's never really great or terrible.

Saturday's are great - and I enjoy them, but not quite as much as Friday's. I'm probably my laziest on Saturday's, which is nice but isn't necessarily the best thing. And Sunday is nice but ruined by the idea of the work week starting the next day - and all the monotony that goes along with that.

Friday's, though, are pretty much perfect. You've had to work, probably, but when work let's out you're free. You carry all sorts of promise for a productive and fun weekend and the sun shines a little brighter while the stars twinkle with a little more effort too. 

My Friday was lovely - filled with food from a local Noodles store with the family and some much needed downtime with them afterword with a movie.

You may not be the type of person that enjoys anime or anything animated at all (Toy Story, etc.) but, even if you are one of those people, I really believe in my heart that you'll enjoy a Hayao Miyazaki film.

The family and I watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind yesterday - which prompted this sudden belief. It has a really calming soundtrack for the most part, and a great story line to boot. A very obvious moral lesson about the dangers of industrialization and pollution - but still, really well crafted.

I think Miyazaki's most recognized film is Spirited Away - which makes sense, because it really is one of his best. But you really can't go wrong with any of his films.

Anyway - just food for thought.

Any movie recommendations for me? Drop a comment, and I'll probably watch it. 
:)

Bye~
Jenna B.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, I love Nausicaa! Though I can never remember how to spell or pronounce his name, Hayao Miyazaki's movies always make me super happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart, I'll just give you a looong list of my favorite movies and whichever one you decide to watch, I really hope you'll enjoy it! <3

    Blue Valentine, Fish Tank, Crazy Heart, An Education, Garden State, Closer, Lonesome Jim, Running on Empty, Juno, The Lives of Others, Control, Revolutionary Road, Love Actually, Almost Famous, The Royal Tenenbaums, Happiness, Biutiful, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain, Virgin Suicides, Donnie Darko, Lost in Translation, Fight Club, Notting Hill, The Pianist, Match Point, Wonder Boys.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annika - so sweet of you! We really need film in my house right now, the seasons for most of our favorite shows are over.

    I've seen quite a few of these and love them too - An Education in particular comes to mind.

    I'll check the rest too for sure. :)

    Thank you for the follow, also, just by the way. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - thank you so much Karin. :)

    ReplyDelete