Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Story of Anonymous

 What has she found, abandoned here?
 Such perfect black heels - who could resist trying them on? Now - to escape with them.
 Through here?
 Maybe this time?
 She has to find some kind of escape. But this machine won't be moving anywhere.
 Shhh. She hears someone coming...
 We'll go through here...
 But where will she go now?


 Civilization at last...
 And this door was open.

 Shoes cleaned - but what will she do now?


 Done exploring the house.
 Now she has to run - before the family gets home.
But where did the exit go?...

...---...---...

Outfit details:
 Tuxedo-style Jacket - Hinge (at Anthropologie)
Scoop Neck Tee - Nordstrom
High Waisted Tennis-style Skirt - Elizabeth and James (at Neiman Marcus)
Semi-Sheer White Tights - Kohl's
Pattern-ed Leather Stilettos - Pour la Victoire (at Nordstrom)
L.A.M.B. Zebra and Newspaper Print Bag - Marshalls

Make-up details:
L'Oreal True Match Powder Foundation
Revlon Black Velvet Eyeliner
Great Lash Mascara

...---...---...

First things first:
The beautiful girl behind the camera for me is my dear friend Asia. She was so easy to work with, and had great ideas for poses and expressions. Stunning photographer. Stunning girl.


Now then:
We had no real story in mind during the shoot; a great deal was us trekking around chatting and laughing at my neighbours because they were laughing at us. Ahahahaha - we can laugh too.

I looked through our collection of photos, however, and I was struck by this "movement" that I though would fit into a kind of ghost-like story.

To explain:
Anonymous girl - wandering about in the sewers, aimlessly - discovers a pair of abandoned heels. They're covered in clay mud, but are undeniably fabulous. Irresistible.
She puts them on and (cue Twilight zone moment) she's possessed by the spirit of the previous wearer. She finds herself searching, and searching for her home. She finds what seems like a welcoming home.
But, as these ghastly things often do, things went awry. She's trapped...

The day we had gotten together to shoot was rainy and grey - so we had to wait to go outside, and (when we did) we discovered it was muddy. Which makes sense, after rain. The bright side was that we discovered so many different places to shoot inside my house. 

...---...---...

As I was roaming some of my favorite tumblrs I stumbled upon this gem:


I really wish I had the link to who originally posted it - but I've since lost it after I saved this to my pictures.If you know - feel free to leave the link in the comments below.

I think it speaks for itself. I really love how it perfectly captures loneliness - because it really is just that. Not really being alone - feeling alone.

...---...---...

My summer break is drawing to close sooner than I'd like. 20 more days to go! 

Sending in a job application, finishing up summer homework, and spending time with friends as much as possible. 

Hopefully some more outfit picks will find their way up here in the coming days. 

Hope your week is going well. :)
Jenna B.

P.S. : A few of my favorite out-takes:



3 comments: