Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I Heart NY

Yeah. I'm a big fan. :)

In case you were wondering where that update was, I've been technology free for the past 3 days while on vacation in NYC.

It was a fabulous trip that included the purchase of:

-a (very fake) "Tokidoki" messenger bag, haggled down from $25 to $24, because I'm such an impressive bargainer
-a Mika Nanakashima album (my current favorite song being Crescent Moon)
-a used copy of Paradise Kiss (Vol. 4)
-a copy of GAP press' Spring/Summer Haute Couture magazine
-a book titled "the corset: a cultural history" (perfect for my research project)
-a Betsey Johnson black cotton skirt (preview it before I wear it here)

A few of those things:

I'm glad to be home, (where the heart is y'know), but I love New York and I can't wait to go back.

Now then. As promised.



The recipe is fabulous - but if you're like me, and stuck in braces, tougher bread might not be the best idea. Feel free to subsititute sourdough bread and only let it get a light brown. 

Also, if you like garlic, feel free to up the recipe to 2 cloves or even 3, rather than the recommended 1. I found the pesto rather lacking without a little extra.

It's a personal favourite of mine now, and it's perfect for spring. :)

Anywho, I'm on the run again, but I'll be wearing that Leifsdottir skirt and Betsey skirt out and about soon enough, and I'll be sure to post some pictures. 

Bye~
Jenna B.

No comments:

Post a Comment