Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

As They Grow Restless Longing For Some Solitary Company




Outfit Details

Tee - Target
DKNY Skinnies - Gift from the Mum
BCBG Ruffled Back Trench - BCBG
Jeffrey Campbell "Skate's" - solestruck.com

---...---...---

Song from title today:
Africa -- Toto
I don't know what I love more about it - the song, or the absolutely strange and incredibly politically incorrect video. Probably the song, I think.

---

Holiday season has begun here the America and I've been ushered into my winter break. (Finally.)
This has resulted in multiple overdoses on sugar and subsequent comas of general lethargy and inability to do much more than stare at my latest issue of W and Vogue. Both of which had a surprisingly great amount of actual photoshoots rather than their usual abundance of advertising, actually. 

I have (somehow) gotten myself out of my latest stupor to post these long-overdue photos from the fall. I love the update on the trench that has occurred this season, and I can't wait to share my new red Anthro find soon enough as well. And, Jeffrey, I still love my skates - don't you worry. Sometimes I like to put them on my feet and just stare at them. Which, I'll have you know, is to-ta-lly normal.

---

Because, as a typical woman, I like to brag about myself, and because this is (I believe) my blog, I have some exciting news. Which you may or may not find exciting, but is very exciting for me.
I recently entered a contest that offers the opportunity to become a published artist and possibly a monetary prize for yourself and your school.

Word isn't in yet about the monetary bit, but the publishing bit is - and my piece will be included.

This is the point at which I became excited.

The piece in question:


I ended up titling it "Seeking Answers" - because I think the piece invokes that kind of a mood. And also because I spend (an unhealthy) amount of time pondering things myself. As does my friend Sherlock Holmes.

If you remember my previous post, or if you happen to have an amazingly well-developed taste for excellent television programming, you might know of the BBC's not-so-recent-anymore adaptation of Sherlock Holmes.

The actor who plays Sherlock, in this series of the same name, is one Benedict Cumberbatch - who you might also see in your last issue of Vogue, the upcoming movie War Horse, and the released-but-not-easily-found-in-my-small-town Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. 

After scouring the internet, or "trollin'" as the kids these days say (or maybe they don't), I finally found a few reference pictures of him that I thought would suit my piece, and I set to work.

I love how non-traditionally gorgeous he his - the same way I love the new models I see popping up in Chanel ads and different photoshoots from (my heaping piles of) magazines. You have to stare at him for quite awhile to really appreciate him.

Anyway - the fact of the matter is that I will be published and it makes me very happy and it needed sharing. And now it has been shared. You also need to immediately go to the Netflix and watch some Sherlock. (Or if you happen to live somewhere were people appreciate fine cinema, maybe you could pop in to a showing of a movie with him in it, eh?)

---

Where ever it is you are, be it winter or not depending on your hemisphere, be it Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, some kind of Solstice, or nothing at all, be it whatever, be it that you're in school or not (hopefully not) I hope you're having a wonderful week. Enjoy the rest of it.

And no matter what, eat some cookies - especially the home-made kind. Trust me.

Until next time~
Jenna B.

P.S. - I accidentally misspelled Christmas as Chirstmas, and my spell-check offered me the correction of "Christmas" as well as "Masochist". I don't know that they are at all related, but I found it quite amusing.



No comments:

Post a Comment