Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Deco. Project: Kanzashi Revamped

So following my last post - I decided to upload some of my past projects using the technique I outlined. 

Forgive the poor quality, I had to use my dad's cheapo camera instead of my mum's.

They are:

Punk Kanzashi Headband


I love this, mostly beacuse it was the first one I made that I was actually proud of. They're made with a silk, a Target headband, beads from JoAnn's and lace ribbon from an older project.

*******************************

Pink Kanzashi


I'm sure you notice the fray, which is the result of laziness about starching the brocade fabric before I cut it. But otherwise, I really love this because it adds instant color to an outfit I might wear. I actually really do love pink.

******************************* 

Tulle Headband


The fray problem is lessened, but it's actually still there if you look close enough. This was made for a formal event a few years back. I still love it because I can wear it with the tulle coming on my face, very "funeral viel" or I can wear it going back and have it be more festive/party.

******************************* 

Unrelated to the kanzashi headbands above, but still a much beloved project is:

Rainbow/Pride Headband



Made completely of recycled aspects of past projects.


More to follow, stay tuned! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment